Tasks and aims
The overall objective of ECROPOLIS is to
develop a centrally based and multilingual database, the first European
Organic Sensory Information System (OSIS), serving as a marketing tool
providing sensory information of organic food for consumers,
retailers/wholesalers and producers in an easy and traceable way.
- the creation of sensory profiles of organic food
- comprehension of data from consumer research
- clarification of the impact of organic regulations on sensory properties
OSIS will be used as a marketing tool providing sensory information on organic food to:
- Wholesalers and
The results and benefits for the organic market will be:
- National description of sensory properties of organic foodstuff with visible differences.
- Information about the „real sensory product acceptance“ and the influence of the organic-image.
- An European comparison constituted in a pan European mosaic.
- Information about product improvement potential.
- Regulation influence on sensory properties.
- Sales arguments and an instrument to improve services quality.